We all have moments where we’re inspired to beautify ourselves but just don’t have the products at home when we need them to pamper ourselves in the way we desire. The good news is, there are lots of household products that you can use to improve your skin, hair and your general beauty and many of these items are actually located in your kitchen!
1. Avocado conditioner – whipped up in your kitchen, this beauty product can help improve the look and feel of dry hair. Mix avocado, a half cup of mayonnaise and some olive oil in a blender or whisk by hand. After washing your hair, work it through with a comb, leave it for a few minutes and then rinse.
2. Buttermilk – buttermilk in your bath water can help lighten any skin discoloration.
3. Coffee grounds – everyone’s always looking for a cellulite solution, and if you just feel like you’re having a bad body day, all you need to do is run down to your kitchen and grab something you likely use daily anyways; coffee grounds! Coffee grounds applied to cellulite (wrapped with plastic wrap) for 30 minutes will help reduce the appearance.
4. Sugar – if you want a fast exfoliator for dry lips during the winter months, make them supple by mixing a little bit of water with sugar and applying it to your lips. Rub it around with your finger and then rinse off.
5. A breakfast medley – a mix of bananas, honey and yogurt makes for a great detoxifying skim mask. Blend these items together and apply to clean skin. The mask will not dry, but should be left on for about 15 minutes before rinsing.
Of course, household products are not guaranteed to have the same results with all individuals, but they can work in a pinch. For more specialized treatments, contact us for more information about products and services.