Your nose is the center of your face and has a major impact on how you look to yourself and to others. If you are self-conscious about your nose, you are not alone. Over half a million people in the US alone are unhappy with the look of their nose and are seeking out a medical solution. Rhinoplasty can improve the look of your face and give you confidence that you never knew you could have. It can balance out your face, improve the proportions of your nose or create much desired facial symmetry.
Why do patients choose Rhinoplasty?
Patients decide to undergo rhinoplasty for many reasons. Some have had injuries that made their nose crooked or created an unwanted bump. Others simply don’t like the nose they were born with because it is asymmetrical or disproportionate to the rest of their face. It may have a tip that slants down toward the lips or a hump that is distracting and unattractive in profile. Others have difficulty breathing and need nose surgery to correct defects and improve the function of the nose. It is difficult to ignore abnormalities or defects in the nose because it is in the middle of your face and draws lots of attention, so it is common for people who are self-conscious to investigate nose reshaping options. While there are effective non-surgical methods of nose reshaping, surgical rhinoplasty is the only permanent solution to reshape, restructure or change the shape or dimensions of the nose.
What do I need to know about Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures and it is also one of the most complicated. The more you know, the more confident you will be in the decision that you make. While it is important to consult with a qualified cosmetic surgeon for specifics and expectations, here is some basic information about nose surgery:
- An important first step is to identify the specific aspects you want to improve about your nose so that you can discuss that in detail with your cosmetic surgeon. The more specific you are with the surgeon, the easier it will be for the surgeon to design a treatment plan to meet your needs and expectations.
- Rhinoplasty is surgery. It involves general anesthesia, scalpels and a deft hand to mold and shape the bone and tissue to the right dimensions. Depending on the extent of the surgery, recovery times will vary so it is important to discuss recovery times with your physician and be prepared to take the appropriate time off of work or other activities.
- Know what to expect after the surgery. Bruising and swelling are expected and can be extensive for a short time, but generally fade quickly. Post-operative pain varies with individuals but is generally controlled easily with medications.
- Because every patient is unique, each rhinoplasty procedure is unique as well. It is critical to have the procedure performed by a qualified cosmetic surgeon with the experience and expertise to give you the nose you’ve always wanted.
- Your overall health is an important factor in the success of nose surgery or any other surgical procedure, so make sure you take care of yourself mentally and physically before making the decision to have the procedure done.
How do I know if Rhinoplasty is for me?
Rhinoplasty is the right option for many people for many different reasons. It may be the right option for you if you are unhappy with the look of your nose or if you have an injury or defect that makes breathing more difficult. It is also the right option if you want to permanently change the dimensions or shape of your nose. If you have suffered from poor self-esteem due to a nose that doesn’t look the way you want it to, surgical rhinoplasty may very well be the best option for you.
The decision to have nose reshaping surgery, or rhinoplasty, is personal one. Mention a nose job and you will elicit opinions from friends, family and even strangers about the value of the surgery and whether or not you should have it done. What others think is not important. What is important is that you understand that rhinoplasty is an advanced procedure that can dramatically alter your appearance or make subtle changes that balance out your face. You no longer have to live with a nose that doesn’t flatter you.
Dr. Dominic Castellano is an expert in rhinoplasty and other cosmetic surgery procedures. He is double-board certified with the experience to make you look your absolute best. Jasin Facial and Body Rejuvenation is a fully accredited medical facility. The professional staff is highly trained and will provide you with the level of care you expect. If you want to know how rhinoplasty can change your appearance and your life, call Jasin Facial and Body Rejuvenation today at (813)975-3223 or visit our website at www.JasinFacialandBody.com for more information.