Media attention often focuses on how important it is for celebrities and media personalities to maintain good looks. It is no wonder then that plastic surgery follows as a topic of discussion. However, many recent studies have shown that attractiveness is a significant factor in success in professions outside of Hollywood. In fact, the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery reports that, among last year’s most prominent trends, about two thirds of its members reported seeing men and women who requested cosmetic surgery because they wanted to remain competitive in the workplace. Some of the careers that appear to benefit the most from plastic surgery are listed below; however the list is not exhaustive. If you feel your career would benefit from plastic surgery, a consultation with a cosmetic surgeon is always recommended.
Top 8 Tampa Professions that may profit from Plastic Surgery:
1. Newscasters/actors: Anyone who is on camera needs to be conscious of their appearance. Wrinkles, frown lines and sagging skin are more obvious on camera, so many media professionals opt for plastic surgery to keep their faces youthful and attractive.
2. Sales professionals: Many professional sales representatives are choosing to use plastic surgery to maintain a younger, sharper appearance because customers trust them more and react more positively to them. More trust equals more sales!
Even careers out of the limelight can benefit from plastic surgery procedures
3. Business leaders: When competing with other executives with similar backgrounds and skills, more attractive individuals tend to have more opportunities and make more money. For these reasons, plastic surgery is being sought by more and more up and coming executives on their way up the corporate ladder.
4. Personal trainers: Developing the perfect physique may be within your control, but controlling wrinkles and aging requires more than dedication in the gym. Many personal trainers are using plastic surgery to rejuvenate their appearance and draw in new clients.
5. Lawyers: The latest studies have shown that more attractive people are considered more credible and more persuasive, causing more and more lawyers to look to plastic surgery to enhance their appearance.
6. Real Estate agents: It is very important to look successful even before you become successful. This is why realtors drive expensive cars, wear designer clothes and opt for plastic surgery as a way to keep themselves looking young, fresh and vibrant.
Professional athletes may look to plastic surgery to fix scars or injuries.
7. Sports figures: Attractiveness doesn’t have anything to do with athletic skill, but it certainly plays a part in whether or not a professional sports player will get endorsements. A face that looks good in print and on camera is a must. However, even those without endorsement potential may opt for plastic surgery to repair damage done by violent play.
8. Politicians: Like lawyers and business people, politicians rely on their ability to generate trust and confidence to secure their jobs. In addition, they are constantly getting media attention. Politicians have understood for many years the importance of using plastic surgery as a means to preserve and restore their youth and improve their attractiveness.
Would you benefit from plastic surgery?
While it may be difficult to accept that society places so much emphasis on looks, the fact is that attractive people tend to fare better overall in business and in social circles than people who are not as attractive. If you are looking for that kind of competitive edge, call Jasin Facial and Body Rejuvenation today at (813) 975-3223 and schedule your free consultation with Dr. Castellano, a double board certified cosmetic surgeon who can answer all of your questions and help you decide if plastic surgery is right for you. You can also visit us on the web at www.JasinFacialandBody.com for more information.