It happens to everyone, one morning or evening while you are washing your face, brushing your teeth, or putting on makeup you spot one – a wrinkle. Then, it seems as if once you notice your first facial wrinkle, more and more sprout, and then it is literally all that you can see when you look in the mirror. They are like grey hairs that you can’t pluck or color. Even if we aren’t old, the signs of aging can show sooner than we would hope they would, especially around the mouth and lower face. Every time we laugh, cry, smile, eat, scowl, or pucker, lines begin to form in our face marking the emotions. As we age, our skin loses elasticity and the wrinkles form, there is no way to avoid this from happening, but thankfully there are options to get rid of the wrinkles around your mouth. Cosmetic surgeons in Tampa at Jasin Facial and Body Rejuvenation Institute detail the 7 most common lower facial wrinkles that indicate aging.
- Laugh Lines – Also known as smile lines, they are the two skin folds that run from the side of the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- Congenital Frown – This creates a hanging corner of the mouth, where the corner of the mouth slope downward when the facial muscles are relaxed.
- Marionette Lines – These are formed by the movement of the jaw, loss of tissue elasticity and volume. Weight loss can also cause these lines.
- Pre-jowl Depression – The hollowing of the area on either side of the chin that is then accentuated by the formation of jowls.
- Jowling – Parts of skin that fall alongside the face and hang below the jawline.
- Loss of Lip Volume – Lips become thinner caused by volume loss and small vertical creases form (prominent in the lips of smokers).
- Chin Creases – Hallow below bottom lip caused by tissue loss, elasticity, and sagging skin.